·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Such a pretty pup. Are goldens all that different to care for than labs? Sides the longer hair? Adopting a golden is another option I am considering. Still haven't heard from the lab rescue I sent in the adoption forms to :( Their site says to wait up to 4 weeks before anyone may contact me IF I get considered. Its been 2 weeks 3 days. I am not counting or anything :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's giving me "the lip" because I interupted her for a pic. You can see her right lip curled up. LOL

Oh. My husband was thinning out our bamboo, in case you're wondering why I have bamboobage all over my yard. :p

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Such a pretty pup. Are goldens all that different to care for than labs? Sides the longer hair? Adopting a golden is another option I am considering. Still haven't heard from the lab rescue I sent in the adoption forms to :( Their site says to wait up to 4 weeks before anyone may contact me IF I get considered. Its been 2 weeks 3 days. I am not counting or anything :D
Goldens just need more brushing too keep the mats down and whatever they pick up outside in the weeds or brush.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She really is a girlie girl, isn't she.
Oh far from it, Nance! She may look the part, but she is a Tomboy through and through! :D

Are goldens all that different to care for than labs? Sides the longer hair?
Different, in a good way. Macy was a lot easier to housetrain than Tucker & Frankie. She was also crate-free during the day at around 9 months, as opposed to 1-1/2 years for Tucker and 3 years for Frankie. She was never a chewer or destroyer of things (well, minus the countless socks and a couple pair of undies). She is my first Golden though, so this is just my experience. :)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Oh far from it, Nance! She may look the part, but she is a Tomboy through and through! :D

Different, in a good way. Macy was a lot easier to housetrain than Tucker & Frankie. She was also crate-free during the day at around 9 months, as opposed to 1-1/2 years for Tucker and 3 years for Frankie. She was never a chewer or destroyer of things (well, minus the countless socks and a couple pair of undies). She is my first Golden though, so this is just my experience. :)
That's good to know! Will definitely look more into Goldens now as a second option. :D I didn't realize you've had Macy since she was a puppy (disappeared from the board for a little while). Golden puppies are sooooooooooooo darn cute!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts