Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you have been through this, someone must know- Yukon is home now, awake and not so happy after being neutered. My first concern is that he is constantly erect. Is this normal? I'd rather not call my vet already if I can get an answer here. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
it may a reaction to his anesthetic

I have seen many a pencil post surgery ;)

how long ago was he done?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure of the time, but I know he was out of surgery by 3pm. Also, he was given anesthesia that takes longer to recover from due to a heart condition.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the pencil post op seems to be .common. im not shure what they used on my dog as far as anesthesia.but i was told that it takes about a week to get it completely out out of their system.jack had hacking attacks .

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I think it's pretty common too. If you're concerned a quick call to the vet won't hurt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just saw this post today- That "little" problem didn't last long. All seems to be well. He's still swollen, but not worse. We're hoping the crate rest will help. It's been so long since we had our last lab Gunner done that I can't remember the recovery . He sure seems to feel fine, we just all miss playing :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts