Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised the boys some chocolate chip cookies for their lunch box snacks the rest of the week. I forgot that I'm out of white sugar though. I don't want to drive the 30 minutes to the grocery store just for sugar so I looked online and discovered I could substitute white sugar with brown sugar with a 1:1 ratio. That just seems like it would be too sweet. Has anyone tried this before? I don't want to mess up their cookies. :(

The recipes call for 3/4 cup of each...maybe I'll just do 1 or 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar? Ugh... I do have confectioner's sugar too, but I don't think that'll work very well in cookies. :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Not sure if that would work, but I would stop at a gas station and buy some until I got to the grocery store. :D

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I think the cookies will come out a bit thinner (The molasses in the brown sugar will liquefy), maybe add some more flour to compensate?

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Don't know about cookies, but I was in the same situation when making pancakes one time. The brown sugar worked great. So great in fact that I now use it for half the amount of sugar required in the recipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts