Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH wants me to ask "the smart lab people" if Ziggy walking between his legs (DH's) has any special
meaning ? He also wants to know if it is ok to allow Ziggy to chew on white tail deer antlers that they find on their walks in the woods? Ziggy seems to love them but will give them up if asked, DH wants to let him use them as a chew toy I guess!
:noidea:

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I don't know if Ziggy walking between your husband's legs has any "special" meaning or not, but you can turn it into a cute trick/behavior by having your husband lure him with a cookie into weaving through them. As for the deer antlers, the only thing I'd be worried about is breaking puppy teeth. If Ziggy has his adult teeth I wouldn't worry about it (I'm sorry, I can't remember how old Ziggy is). BTW- Caleb says he's jealous that Ziggy is finding antlers on his walks. We aren't so lucky. Come to think of it, my wallet is jealous, too- those dang thing aint cheap (Caleb can't have beef bones)!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
The antlers are fine. Bauer finds them quite often too, and loves them.

What do you mean by walking between his legs? If I don't tell Bauer to sit, he greets everyone by walking between their legs. He walks1/2 way through and stops. He wants everyone to scratch his butt . . . he's a weirdo. I always wondered if this was common, or he was just weird. :)

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The antlers are fine. Bauer finds them quite often too, and loves them.

What do you mean by walking between his legs? If I don't tell Bauer to sit, he greets everyone by walking between their legs. He walks1/2 way through and stops. He wants everyone to scratch his butt . . . he's a weirdo. I always wondered if this was common, or he was just weird. :)
This is what Ziggy does but only to DH! I guess it is his way of letting DH know it's his turn for attention!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If walking between the legs means half way and then stops with butt in rubbing position, that is how HK greats me every morning and several times during the day. Only me, not DW or anyone else. I guess I rub her butt the right way.

I have friends that hunt and they bring me antlers for HK.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Sounds like the walking-between-the-legs thing is just for butt scratches :) My friend's Lab will do that, but he's about 90lbs and just about knocks you over, especially if you don't know it's coming!!

ETA: Antlers are the "new" rawhide :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Rider walks between my legs too...usually looking for a butt scratch. Antlers are great dog chews!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Mitzi does it too for a butt scratch. When I rub her rump, her legs step from side to side like a dance, so naturally I sing "shake your booty" as I scratch and she dances. It's embarrassing because she does it to visitors too and is always rewarded with a butt rub.
I made the mistake of teaching Judy one of Buddy's tricks: I say "Where's Judy?" and she comes between my legs from behind and looks up at me for a treat. Now I'm often surprised with that move whenever she wants a treat. I don't have to say "Where's Judy."

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Gracie loves to walk between peoples legs...my son started her with this when she was a pup, don't really think it means anything except its FUN:) at least at our house

1 - 11 of 11 Posts