Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your first sign you were pregnant? Did you know before you missed your first period? How did you find out (home test, doctors visit for something else?

Just curious.
Thanks,

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
First sign with my first pregnancy- I missed my period. I found out when I was 6 weeks along.

With my second pregnancy, since we had been trying for 3.5years, I was pretty obsessed with my cycle- so again, a missed period. Edited to add, I took a home pregnancy test. Then had my blood drawn by my ob.

I know a lot of women are really tired. Have sore breasts. And of course, morning sickness. Also, cramping at the very beginning of pregnancy. I never had any of those symptoms until I already knew.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
With my daughter, my first, I was "green" as described by my coworkers. I had a few days of morning sickness and did a home test to confirm.

With my son I was at the doc for an employment physical. Surprise!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Not a thing until the missed period.

I know this is hard, but take it from one who knows... try not to start overanalyzing every little "symptom", you'll only make yourself crazy.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I was addicted to HPT, so I found out about 10 days after conception... lol... it was before my period was even due and it was a really faint line. Over the next week I took a test every second morning and the line got darker and darker... when I went to the Dr, they didn't even bother sending me for a blood test since 3 positive tests are pretty accurate!

I didn't have any morning sickness, but my boobs did get sore and I experienced mild cramping for weeks, just like PMS without the bleeding. I was super tired in my first trimester too, as I am now! :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
with DD#1 I had missed a period and they tested me. It came back negative. I had 3 more tests and they were all negative. Then I started producing milk and actually leaked....didn't mean to gross anyone out sorry...and they thought I had breast cancer and wanted me to have xrays done. I told them to give me one more blood test to see if I was pregnant and if it was neg. again I'd get the xray. It was positive and Haley will be 14 in July.

DD#2 I was at a kiss concert and almost puked when the guy in front of me was "smoking" something. That never happened before.

DD#3 missed a period.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melissa said:
Not a thing until the missed period.

I know this is hard, but take it from one who knows... try not to start overanalyzing every little "symptom", you'll only make yourself crazy.
Yeah I know I'm trying not to get to worked up about it and let what happens happen but it's hard. I'll know one way or the other within a few weeks anyway so I guess it's not going to make much difference. I'm just impatient ;)

·
Registered
903 Posts
My periods were a mess and we were "taking a break" so I couldn't go off of the late period. However for a few days foods that I normally loved I didn't really want. On my birthday, DH made this great dinner and bought me this great ice cream cake. I remember thinking that I had to eat it to be polite but couldn't figure out why I didn't want to touch any of it. A few days later I had this weird sick but not sick feeling. I can't really explain it. I felt like I needed to eat something to settle my stomach, but nothing worked. I finally thought I'd test, even though I knew it would come back negative. I took the test, left the room to go let the dogs out, threw some tennis balls in the yard with the chuck-it. Came back in and thought "oh yeah, that test thing" and looked and for the first time ever saw the two pink lines. 36 hours, 6 HPTs and a blood test later, it was confirmed that Nolan was on his way. After that it was non-stop morning... err all day sickness until after I was about 14-15 weeks. Man I was miserable! lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
With my first, I went to have a cup of coffee one morning and just couldn't face it. I pretty much knew then because I LOVE coffee! I also tested very early and came up positive a couple days before my period was even due. My second pregnancy was unexpected and I tested when I was 3 days late because I was NEVER late. (I had a miscarriage 10 weeks later, though.) My third, I had no symptoms, but tested before my period was due and got a positive.

Oh, and a tip for those who are trying to conceive: if you have a Dollar Tree near you, pick up a bunch of HPTs there. The tests are really very good, and detect a very low level of hormone for earlier testing, and at a dollar a piece, you can afford to pee on a few sticks without breaking the bank. ;)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and a tip for those who are trying to conceive: if you have a Dollar Tree near you, pick up a bunch of HPTs there. The tests are really very good, and detect a very low level of hormone for earlier testing, and at a dollar a piece, you can afford to pee on a few sticks without breaking the bank.
Thanks for the tip.

G

·
my first pregnancy i thought i had a bladder infection, my lower back was killing me. we were at the beach with a bunch of friends, and i complained about having an infection. next time we saw the friends, i was like 6 months pregnant and they laughted about my bladder infection !!! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts