Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
First time lab owner wants to know how long is the average Lab, 8month old, female. I have been looking for an answer on these growth charts. I see heighth and weight not length. I am just curious. Angel is 44lbs 6oz and 19.5 inches tall.
Help:help:

Ps.. I have been trying to get my pic off my camera so I can share but not having any luck. Darn camera.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't know anyone who actually measures the length of their dog, but the standard calls for labs to have a length (shoulder to base of tail) equal to or slightly longer than height. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I don't know anyone who actually measures the length of their dog, but the standard calls for labs to have a length (shoulder to base of tail) equal to or slightly longer than height. Hope that helps.
LOL Well, for the heck of it, I did measure Mick (who was a Lab/Eng Setter mix). That's how he measured- 25 inches from shoulder to base of tail and 24 1/2 inches from ground to withers. The best was his tail, tho- it, too was 25 inches long (yes, I actually measured his tail!).:shocked:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks all, it was a discussion I was having with my 7yrold. It was one of those questions that make you go hmmmmm.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts