Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has 2 labs. I was asked to see if anyone can suggest what to do about this:
Every Spring, they dig a large hole at the base of their deck. Every year, the hole gets refilled with new dirt just to be dug out all over again. This goes on all Summer until the ground gets hard again in the Fall. There doesn't appear to be anything buried in this spot. Does anyone know why they would continually do this and if so, what to do about it?

G

·
I had the same problem with my last lab, Sam. One Sunday, I scooped up a week's worth of his dog poop and put it in the hole. He never went near that spot again, EVER! However, if they are some of the rare "poop eating" dogs, that will never work ;D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Merlot_1 said:
I had the same problem with my last lab, Sam. One Sunday, I scooped up a week's worth of his dog poop and put it in the hole. He never went near that spot again, EVER! However, if they are some of the rare "poop eating" dogs, that will never work ;D
This works for are pup sammi also, just layed new mulch down this weekend and she thought it needed to dug up ;), nothing better then soft loose dirt or mulch. All I had to do is place some of her poop in a couple of places and bury it and she hasnt gone near it since.

G

·
If they digg a hole on a place that's not so handy ... Just fill that hole again, and before you fill it, you put a nice peace of stone or rock in the hole, and then fill it with dirt ;)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Yeller does this too, Pam. I actually think she's digging it so she has a cool hole to lie in on the warmer days. I gave up filling it back in last summer, and sure enough, she lies in that hole when we are outside.

I think this year I'm putting patio stones down where she likes to dig though - I think the compromise might work. The stones will still be cool enough for her to lie on, but she can't dig and make me crazy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts