Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so cute how Dylan and Jasper eat their bones together. When I had Kasa (yellow lab mix1990-2002) and Teddy (Golden mix 1992-1999) it was so cute how they cuddled together to eat a bone or special treat, but now when I give my crew each a marrow bone or pig ear, they all scatter far apart to different corners to enjoy their treats alone. They normally like to cuddle together when not eating. What's this about.
Do your dogs eat treats together or apart?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal and Barney will eat theirs apart. Not sure why, but they seem to like solitude when I give them their frozen kongs, bone with marrow, etc.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mine scatter about the house. "It's all mine and don't you dare come near me while I'm eating it", they say!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Buddy and Champ get ther Kongs in their crates only, so they are separated. When I give them anything edible, it's gone instantly, so there's no going anywhere or time to cuddle. Marrow bones they will first take to separate areas, then switch, then lay together and chew, sometimes on the same bone.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
They both eat their marrow bones in the kitchen together. Their kongs they eat together, not cuddled, just in the same rooms, unless one of them starts kicking it around with their paw and it goes in another room. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Skippy and Emilu each get a large Milkbone dog treat in the a.m. before I leave for work , and occassionally at other times. They ALWAYS go into the living room, Emilu lays on Skippys bed and he lays beside her on the floor and they eat the treats. I used to go in with them and sit with them while they ate them, but they got used to me not going in, although they still look to see if I am coming. The other day, SU and I were in the basement enjoying the fire in the stove. The dogs were down with us, and I decided to give them their Milkbones down there. We went up and got the treats, went back down the stairs and I gave them to the dogs. They took them, looked at me, then went back upstairs to the livingroom to eat them in the proper place!

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
when they get their marrow bones, they all go to different areas of the family room. zena on one of the dog beds, dutch tries to sneak to the sofa...ah no no.......and zoe heads into the crate. zoe prefers me to let her take hers upstairs so she can enjoy in private.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rogue, Rebel and Mac will at first go to seperate areas. Then one by one they come together and play musical bones and trade each others. Then some times Rogue and Rebel will share and chew one bone at each end. Mac is the only one that will not share with anyone. He will even lay on it when he is not chewing it so that others will not get it.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
with marrow bones, they scatter. Cricket goes outside to the farthest end of the yard to enjoy her marrow bone. Lucy insists on enjoying hers in the house on a towel.

With less exciting treats, they will often be very close to each other. Sometimes Cricket leans in to Lucy and they are touching, but that is only by Cricket's choice.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
When my two get marrow bones, they go to opposite ends of the room and lay down and just guard them for a while. It's funny cause if Willy looks at Libby she stands up and barks at him. But they'll lay there for a while, then it's like they sneak, but we know they're not sneaking, they switch bones. Then they eat them. So I always give the one I want them to eat to the other one!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Both in same room...but the weird thing is they both feel the necessity to move about the room while working on that bone...almost like someone is watching the spot they were in, so off they go to a new spot.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Both in same room...but the weird thing is they both feel the necessity to move about the room while working on that bone...almost like someone is watching the spot they were in, so off they go to a new spot.
That's exactly what my 3 do. Until one of them is done, then their all over the others like a new suit, hovering. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo has to eat all special treats on the dog bed. If for whatever reason he is unable to get to the dog bed, he will stand there looking pathetic, holding his prize in his mouth until someone notices and grants him access to the living room. :whatever:

Peanut is a mover-arounder. Chew a bit in one place, take it to another, chew a bit there, and so on... :D

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Our DDs dog is at the house more often than not, a Cockapoo. There is no fighting, but the scenario just amazes me.

They each get their treat. They are so excited in anticipation. Hershey Kisses takes hers and is off to the other side of the room to devour it. Louie drops his, and follows to watch HK eat hers, then returns to his to SLOWLY nibble away at it. Of course, HK comes over to watch, drool, and clean up any crumb left behind. This is the exact same scenario when they get fed their meal.

I really wish Louie would just learn to take his treat or meal and eat the darn stuff rather than nibble at it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
They tend to go to their own spot, but then think the other dog's treats are more special than their own. More often than not Belle and Hoss let another dog take theirs away, but then they go and take what the thief originally had. Once in awhile though, they'll snark at each other if someone gets too close.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Apart as Penny resources guards, she is fine with kibble but treats she gets very possessive over, in fact she hardly gets treats because of it as the kids or alfie is always about somewhere

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
Harper stands whereever we gave him the treat and proceeds to devour.

Clancey goes to his rug. See my pic, where he is happily chomping on a rawhide. That is Sir Clancey's royal eating rug.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Mine eat (marrow bones) in the same area. But I try and watch because Bogey will often get done before Calli and then steal hers. But other than that, they stay close. Then when theyre finished, they switch again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts