Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many days a week do you give them to your pups? I will be going back to work full time and on the nights SU makes it home before me they get them.

I dont really know how many nights it will be, lets say 5? Is that too much. Its all nonfat yogurt and unsweetened applesauce, and bananas, the dog food is taken out of that days portion.

TIA!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
You said, pups? Is your pup done growing? If not, I would stop with the yogurt. Switch to applesauce, unsweetened, unflavored, instead.

I don't think it matters how often you given them as long as their calorie intake and weight is in line.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
@ the moment every day - we are in a new house and a kong helps them settle ( we have one borderline SA dude here)
in fact he gets a kong, a stuffed marrow bone and a treat ball filled with kibble when we leave ... occasionally now I just give him 2 of the 3 but we've been here nearly amonth now

as long as you adjust calories and don't go overboard with the amount of food compared to normal meals you should be just fine

cheers

andrea

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We give them every time we leave. So that is everyday we go to work in the morning and if we go somewhere on the weekend (which isn't very often, actually) they get one then too.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oakley gets a yogurt kong everyday when I leave for work. If I forget to fill and freeze them, she gets a treat ball.
I haven't really had to worry about her weight.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush and Boo get them every morning when I leave for work. I put a little kibble (from their daily ration) add 1 or 2 very small bites of something yummy like chicken, beef or sometimes cheese. Then fill with frozen green beans, top with low fat yogurt and freeze. They love it. Sometimes if I'm feeling generous, I'll stick an animal cracker in the yogurt as a surprise!:)
They get these Mon-Fri. Not on weekends. It's all figured in with their diet so they don't gain weight from it. :D

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Sundance gets Kongs 5-6 times per week. We stuff 'em with plain Cheerios, nonfat cottage cheese, pumpkin, and either green beans or bananas. Never had an issue with his weight; he's a lean guy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shelby gets one every morning when i leave for work, she see's me pull it out of the freezer and she heads right into her crate. i usually use peanut butter with banana or cherrios, i never thought to use unsweetened applesauce, will have to try that this week.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sammi gets one 4-5 times a wk. - I fill them with unsweetned applesauce, green beans and a few of her kibbles - peanut butter to cover the end. Everyone once and awhile I use bananas or carrots as fillers instead. I always have them frozen and ready to go!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Jake gets two a day :p He's spoiled rotten. I give him one when I leave for class in the morning, and one after his afternoon walk when I leave for afternoon class. His are filled with sweet potatoes and green beans and occasionally the canned version of his food.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts