Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a streusel today, but the directions call for a spring cake pan. Which of course, I don't have. I think that's just to make it easier to put the cake/streusel on a cake plate. Can I just make it in the same size cake pan? Heck, when I make coffee cake, we just serve it right out of the pan I make it in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i don't know any reason you can't unless you want it to look pretty for an occasion ...................should be just fine ....................i think

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes, you can bake it in a cake pan and serve from it too. It may fall apart if you try to 'dig it out' though as it will be delicate. I always serve from the pan because it's easier.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Not necessary, you can just serve it from the dish you bake it in. I use a pyrex baking dish when I make it.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I thought it would be OK. And, no, there's no special occasion, other than I'm making it for Ken & me. :love:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey, drop a piece in my mailbox! :tongue1:

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
If you want to get it out of a regular cake pan, you can grease both sides of a piece of wax paper cut larger than the bottom of the pan and put the wax paper on the bottom of pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts