Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple pictures I was able to get. Not good I know but then again neither is my camera. Its his right paw and actually is smaller then the other. Does this mean its been this way for a long time or what? I can try to get better pictures if needed.

G

·
Re: Question about the paw of our visitor

If this pup has been limping for a while, the muscles in the leg will show atrophy.

Edited to add - From the pictures, I'm guessing this injury isn't new. Just a guess though. Definitely something going on there with that foot/leg. And, so good of you to help this pup out.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That just makes me madder. I want to cry.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

I know. Can't believe how people can do this to an animal. Why do they get animals if they don't care about them! :mad:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nance, I dont know what I should do. My vet does not have weekend hours and the ER vet is over an hour away. Billy said he just felt his leg and the muscle mass is definitely less in the hurt leg. He is still laying around. He finally finished his breakfast about 830 and hasnt used the bathroom since hes been inside. He is not used to walking on a leash Im guessing thats why he wont go, but I do not want to let him go without one.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

bearsmomma said:
Nance, I dont know what I should do. My vet does not have weekend hours and the ER vet is over an hour away. Billy said he just felt his leg and the muscle mass is definitely less in the hurt leg. He is still laying around. He finally finished his breakfast about 830 and hasnt used the bathroom since hes been inside. He is not used to walking on a leash Im guessing thats why he wont go, but I do not want to let him go without one.
Well, since it appears to be an old injury it probably won't matter if you can't get him checked out until next week. A few more days isn't going to cause further damage, I wouldn't think.

At this point I guess the potty problem is more of a dilemma! Good luck on that. Maybe try putting a collar and lead on him and just let him lay around with it. So he knows its not a bad thing, rather, a benign thing to be unafraid of.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

What does the rest of the leg look like? From the side it almost looks like the joint is swollen,but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

2 other pictures I took.
We dont think that his leg looks swollen. We think it is actually alot smaller. I hope I can get some good words from the vet on Monday.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ah ok--this is what Timber's looked like when she had the tumor...

From the side it almost looked like there was a bulge in the same place as Timbers. The rest of her leg was considerably thinner than the rest, all the way up to the shoulder. Seeing it compared to this dog's though, I am guessing its something else. Poor pup. :-[

1 - 11 of 11 Posts