Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got it from Netflix today. Is it okay for an almost 8 year old to watch? I know it's rated PG, but is the content too heavy? I know several of you said it made you cry...

Jakob is home sick today so we're laying on the couch, cuddling, and watching movies. We just finished Space Buddies (which was cute), and I thought Marley and Me could be next?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Our 7 y.o. watched it in the theaters. The dog sadness is one thing, but apart from that, the movie does show the Grogans as a healthy, married couple. IIRC Jennifer Anniston removing her top (shown from the back) and jumping into a pool. And there are some fertility discussions etc.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. We'll give it a try. Jake is good about closing his eyes when things come on tv that he shouldn't see so maybe he will at the pool scene. :) I guess I better get a box of Kleenex ready.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Just shut it off when Marley is laying in the vet office for a 2nd time, from then on it will be nothing but a bawl fest.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
My only other concern would be when Jen Aniston miscarries. Don't know if you're up for explaining that one.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Just shut it off when Marley is laying in the vet office for a 2nd time, from then on it will be nothing but a bawl fest.

LOL ... "AndMarleylivedHappilyEverAfter -- the end!!!"

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wont let my kids watch it. They mention sex. The boss of the newspaper also asks about their sex life. Not something I want my kids to hear. 90% of the movie is A OK for kids. But there is some grown up talk that I prefer to not let my kids hear. (No judgement, just my personal decision)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I guess I'll save it for tomorrow night when my daughter doesn't have a friend over. The dad is paranoid enough w/ her spending the night, better not tempt fate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts