Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeding Mya Diamond brand Lamb & Rice LBP formula. She has consistant runny poop. I am quite certain that it is the food. How long do you need to keep the young ones on that kind of formula?
Goodness knows, it is very hard to pick up that kind of thing :-X :-X!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Its not necessarily that its a puppy formula but could just be the brand of food that doesn't agree with her. Every dog is different. What works well for one may not for another.

What are in the ingredients. How long have you had your pup and have you taken a stool sample to the vet to be checked?

I recommend switching from puppy formula to adult at 5-6 months of age.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was feeding my pup Diamond Lamb and Rice LBP and he had diarhea constantly. Switched him to Science Diet LBP and he STILL had diarhea. So then I switched him to Iams LBP and he has been fine since. He started the Iams at about 14 weeks. He is now almost 6 months. I think it just depends on the puppy. My vet told me to keep him on Puppy food until around 10 months old. I did do a gradual switch over with each food. He did have worms in the very beginning, but we were able to get rid of them in about a week with meds from the vet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Snowco Labradors said:
I recommend switching from puppy formula to adult at 5-6 months of age.
My vet said to keep Rocket on his LBP lamb/rice mix until he turns 2 yo.
Why 5-6 mo??

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I have always fed Tal IAMS LB puppy food and his poop has been fine. Well except the time he got into some goose poop at the park :-X :-X but that's another story. I plan on switching him to adult food at 12 months.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
From the breeding perspective, I want to keep the bone growth slow and uniform, so recommend to keep pup on LBP thru at least 12 mos. Many adult formulations dont have low enough levels of Calcium and Phosphorus for my lines. Or the ratio of Ca:p is not correct. I like Euk LBP better than Iams... better ingredients though still not as good as I would like. Innova LBP appears to be a very good formula as well but I can't get it locally. Just another opinion to take or leave! -Anne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts