Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been to an infant baptism before. Our church waits until the child is of age to make the decision theirself. My new little nephew is being baptised next month though. Are you supposed to take a gift for the baby? If so, what type of gift? I'm not sure what the protocol is on this one...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
A small gift is usually in order. Either some kind of religious memento (is the baby named for a saint? That's usually a good place to start: A book or medal or plaque of that saint) or a nice card and a check, which can be used to start a savings account.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
A small gift is usually in order. Either some kind of religious memento (is the baby named for a saint? That's usually a good place to start: A book or medal or plaque of that saint) or a nice card and a check, which can be used to start a savings account.
That. =)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I thought a gift might be required (Jason still has silver spoons, silver cups, and a silver rattle from his), but I wasn't positive. I suppose I can get him a small children's Bible with his name engraved on it and some money. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Perfect!!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I agree with Dan's suggestions!

I know my nephew (god-child) & neice both got some nice things, but many people choose to go the monetary route. I think my sister & brother-in-law put that money into education accounts for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts