Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a stupid question, but...does my water have to break for me to go into labor and to start dialating? Went today and the Dr. said I'm less then a centermeter when she checked me.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
No it doesn't have to break. My cousin had to have her water broke with both of her babies because she was in full labor and it didn't break on it's own.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The doctor had to break mine, I was already admitted and in active labour.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
From what I've read (but have absolutely no experience on) your water can break up to a few days you start labour as well. Your body actually replaced the amniotic fluid every few hours, so if you are just trickling and don't have labour, you may not be admitted to L&D...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I was hoping that I would be dialated and then would get my c-section today, one baby they said is VERY low.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Regina, I think I've told this story here before. With my first pregnancy I went to the dr. for my regular appt. and he said I was not dialated at all and that he would see me next week. I went into labor that very night. It can happen very quickly.
My third pregnancy I was going to the dr. weekly and they kept telling me I could go into labor at any moment and it took 3 weeks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not one to complain, but they gotta come out, major pelvic pains, guess it's because I'm carrying over 13lbs in babies. I've been feeling one of the babies picking at my cervix as if they're gonna come out at any second.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Honestly, I've been feeling a somewhat constant pelvic pressure for weeks, and its annoying (but Dr didn't think was worrysome)... I can't imagine carrying full term twins!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Girl I am so excited for you! Remember though, that each day the babies are still in the womb is one more day for them to grow and prepare for birth. I bet you feel ready to explode, so just keep telling yourself that, ok! Make it your mantra.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Don't know anything about labor, but the day you don't show up at J/L will probably be "the day." :)

Good thoughts for you, Joe & the little ones.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*gasp*
The thought of two little "Reginas" running around is overwhelming!

"Mama, what's for dinner?"
LOL...The world will be over as we know it hehehe

Lisa, thanks, I hope I go soon...need to find was to get them out by tomorrow lol

Honestly, I've been feeling a somewhat constant pelvic pressure for weeks, and its annoying (but Dr didn't think was worrysome)... I can't imagine carrying full term twins!
I've been having pelvic pain for about 2 months, but the last 2-3 weeks are insane, don't have any words for how heavy they are.
My babies have gone far the and wont have to go to the NICU when they're born.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Massage your ankles? Apparently they are connected to the uterus (reflexology)... whenever I have a prenatal massage they are very light on the feet for this reason.

Would you go as far as raspberry leaf tea?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts