Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of last week I was 1 centermeter dilated, I've been getting pinching for a few weeks, but today it's become A LOT, my OB says that the babies head last week was VERY, VERY low, do you think my cervix is opening? I'm confused as to when and if I should call my OB, do you think my cervix is opening more and more and I don't even know about it, I feel like the babies are gonna come out. Any advice you can give me I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Is the pinching feeling low?

During the late stages of pregnancy you have so many aches and pains, it's hard to know when it is the first time what is what!

You won't dilate super fast without knowing you are in labor. First time mom's "normally" take a long time with their first labors, so you'll most likely have time if you go into labor on your own before your appointment next week. And lots of women walk around dilated 2 or more cms for weeks before going into labor.

But if you get really uncomfortable, you should call your OB. Labor symptoms are all different. Some women feel like they have the onset of the flu, some have really bad back pain, etc...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more inside on my cervix, then I get a shooting pain on the outside, plus if I stand I'll get a presure pain, but I know that, that part is because of the babies weight. It's just the cervix pinching that's getting more intense.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
As Aim said, it's normal to feel that. The labor will take MUCH more than just some pinching to get you to the next stage. I do know what you're talking about - I had a shortened cervix, so all my babies were pressing there. Hang tight (HA! No pun intended!)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
My best advice to you is go with your gut. How many weeks are we away from the scheduled C? If at any time you're feeling like something is changing, or your instincts are telling you to be concerned, call your doctor and be seen. It's better to have them check you a million times and have it be overkill than to ignore something and miss something.

I did dilate during my twin pregnancy (not with my first) and was put on bedrest for about four weeks. At that point, they said to take it easy, since we were within target, but they'd like to have seen me go to full term. Yeah, right. There was no more room, so that walk the day before was enough to kick off a very fast labor. I didn't get checked when I was having the BHs start, and I ignored my gut instinct that the sudden onset wasn't right, and as I mentioned before, I almost had the first boy in the car.

I'm sure you're fine, but better safe than sorry, that's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My girls arrived at 37 1/2 weeks. They were considered full term by their weight, height and development. I ended up doing an emergency c-section since the first one was presenting breech.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Call OB where you are going to deliver and talk to a nurse. With twins you have to be so careful. They can give you great advice on whether you need to come in and be checked or whether you should call your doc. They are use to these types of calls 24/7.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't believe how close you are! The end is in sight, then its a whole new beginning!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like ligament pain. I have no idea how many weeks you are so I can't offer you appriopriate advice.

If you're not due yet and you are concerned then you should be seeing someone about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
LOL so it is ;D

I wouldn't worry then Tundra. If you start getting regular pains then let the hospital know so you can have your C/S before things get going properly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The last time I pinched a cervix, I got slapped. :p

Good luck, RG!! We're all hopeful that things work out very well for you and your soon-to-be burgeoning family.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Pinching, another fun symptom to look forward to! :p

I'm sure it means the babies are ready to make their debut! Definitely pay attention to your body and keep the OB on speed dial (I say, as if you weren't doing this anyhow!)!!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Regina, you have nothing to lose by calling your doctor and sharing your concern. In your case, with twins and a scheduled delivery things can move along a bit differently. Hope everything's okay and keep us updated for as long as you can!! :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know you don't feel this way Regina, but I envy all you women who can hold your babies in and especially TWO! My cervix dilates very easily and early. My first baby was delivered at 7 months gestation and I was already dilated to a 10 when I went into the hospital...I had to deliver. With my second baby I was put on bed rest at 7 months gestation again becasue I was dilated to a 2. When my water broke at 34 weeks I was dilated at a 4 and within a few hours I was at a ten.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts