Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, me(Hugo) and my wife (Svetlana) are from Australia and have picked up the most beautiful black labrador a week and a half ago, he's name is Putin...

Here's some photos...

Also... I've been reading abit, but it's my first labrador and we really need help...

The issues at the moment are: (He's 9 and a half weeks):

1- Even though we walk him almost every hour he seems to sometimes not do anything outside even when we walk him for a fair bit and then as soon as he walks inside he does his business....

2- Sometimes he seems quite obedient and responds to his name, sits, comes etc.... other times he just ignores us completely and stubbornly insists on doing what he wants...

3- He seems to have acquired a habit very recently of biting people....even though he's little and it's in a playing way...it hurts...

Are these just normal things related to age or are there specific things we can do to fix it...

We have been training him regularly with constant praise and treats whenever he does something right etc.... but he seems to only want to do something right when he feels like it....

PLEASE HELP.... :(

Thanks in advance and looking forward to chatting with you guys and learning more and more about these wonderful animals...

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
You should re-post this in the Training section ... you will get more answers there.

Welcome to the forum. Where in Australia are you from? I am in Sydney.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Welcome from Mexico

Regarding your issues...

1. Walks. Take him to the "bathroom" always to the same place because he recognizes the scent. If he has had accidents inside the house that´s why he goes after the walks.

2. He´s too young for long walks, at his age just a quick step outside to do his business is better, if he doesn´t go then take him again later (they don´t need to go every hour by the way!)

3. Biting. Totally normal and this is the way they "learn" their world and interact with littermates, in this case they substitute it for your hands. There are many techniques (recommend searching the forum for biting), sometimes they never work and your dog eventually grows out of it. He´s not being aggresive, just playful. Get him toys to chew on since he´s theething and needs to bite hard things.

Congratulations, gorgeous pup!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and the help. guys.... I'm in Sydney too by the way....

I'll repost the questions in the training area...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts