Just Labradors banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yup-she was still throwing up pieces of leash at 2 weeks.
So, don't be surprised if you see pieces of the ball in a week or so.

I don't know what possessed her to eat her leash. Thankfully she ate it in pieces and not all in one big piece.
Thanks. Is it too late to change the title of this thread? Because it seems that "Looking for Blue Poop" is so much more accurate now. Ha ha.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I don't recommend letting your dog play with a tennis ball other than for retrieving. The fibres on tennis balls are very abrasive and can prematurely wear down your pup's teeth.
Good point, never thought of the abrasiveness. I never let Diesel play with tennis balls because he likes to suck the fluff off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have been going thru watch the pup also. I remember one of my most scared moment was when one of the rotties years ago ate a string. Luckily no problem, but I said to spouse, puppies are like infants...nothing in mouth smaller than its mouth. All cat toys were rounded up. then Kera decided to show us how great labs are at chewing thru everything. Her football rope was gone in month..I took it when she dismantled the knots. Rotties and Shepards never did that so learning the mightiness of lab mouths.
Took Kera 7 mths to decimate a 15 year old Kong Frisbee. Today she has gotten a Kong Football for her Birthday. I like American made toys, I love Kong, well made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 10 month great Dane puppy may have swallowed a rubber ball,if it is small enough to swallow is it small enough to pass.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 10 month great Dane puppy may have swallowed a rubber ball,if it is small enough to swallow is it small enough to pass.
Thanks
Bill
It's something of an implicit rule of thumb that I use, "small enough to swallow, small enough to pass"

21 - 26 of 26 Posts