Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need a little bit of help (advice), Ginger's been here about 10 days & is doing well. I only have two (2) issues:

1. I am concerned I am not giving her enough food. She currently weighs about 20-25 lbs & gets a total of 2 cups of
food a day (1 C AM & 1 C PM). She is literally ravenously hungry at both meals.

2. At what age should she be able to sleep through the night. I've been getting up & taking her out one time, but
quite frankly, I am not a huge fan of getting up in the middle of the night. At 5-6 months old should she be able
to make it through the night? Normal bed-time is 10:30ish & wake-up is 5:45 AM.

Thanks.
Deb

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Lola eats 3 x a day. She was eating about 3 cups but the vet told me to cut down to 21/2 3x a day. Lola weighs 28 lbs and is almost 4 month old. Lola still get up sometimes during the night to pee and poop. Gracie my one year old lab slept through the night at about 9 weeks.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I really can't remember how much we fed Bauer, but she should be fine to sleep though the night without being taken out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have just always followed the directions on the dog food bag for weight and age for food guidelines...but they are just that. If one of mine when they were little was still hungry I would add 1/2 cup more then wait until next feeding and if they still seemed hungry add 1/2 more again. I couldn't stand the thought that they were hungry but I also didn't give too much at once as to cause tummy distress either. It is a hard to figure out sometimes.

As far as sleeping through the night...if she is let out at 10:30 and hasn't had water for awhile sleeping through till 5:45 should be expected at that age I would think. I know what you mean about getting up in the wee hours I don't like it either!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hampton will be 5 months on the 10th. He weighs 45 pounds and gets 2-3/4 cups 2x a day. Luckily he has slept all night since the day we brought him home. Jeb was not so easy. Each one is different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Angel slept thru the night from day one of coming home, she was 9.5wks at the time. She's now 8months and is starting to want to go out at 3am. I think it is more curiousity than it is business. So I started redirecting her back to bed and saying "not time" She makes that groan, and turns, back to bed. Then I am up at 5am, Uhg!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts