Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey People.... my puppy is about 6 and a half months old. I was just wondering when do I stop feeding her "puppy food" the brand i use has a "puppy" mix and just a regular mix of food. What do you all think? Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I switch to adult at around 5 months. There will be many differing opinions on this, so I will say you should just ask your breeder.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
If you're now feeding a Large Breed Puppy food (i.e., for dogs that will have adult weight over 50 lbs.) the canine nutritional science studies that described the preferred formulations of a LBP food recommend feeding that formula for the first 12-18 months of life to reduce later joint problems as much as possible. Feeding a LBP formula is of most importance at the earliest ages and very gradually becomes of lesser importance the older the puppy gets.

However, as you see, in the 'hood there's all sorts of different opinions and practices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.