Just Labradors banner

Puppy Diarrhea! - need help

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Canyon Labradors 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 9 week old pup, and he has on and off diarrhea. I will find stools that are hard / soft and liquid. sporadically through the day. Last night he had a liquidy stool and this morning too. Should I be concerned? He does spend a significant time in the backyard, exploring with his mouth, eating grass and leaves and whatever, and so i wasnt worried when I saw hard and loosely formed stools, but the past 2 have been liquidy....please let me know if I should be concerned!

thanks

#3 ·
Do you live in an area where giardia is common? It can be diagnosed with a simple stool sample, so maybe when you go to the vet, have one ready. There's a cheap and effective vaccine that will prevent further recurrences, but if that's what he has he'll need treatment first. I'd also make sure he keeps drinking and doesn't get dehydrated. Good luck!

#4 ·
Yes I would be worried. I have a 9 week old too and he eats lots of stuff in the back yard. Hasn't had a runny stool *knock on wood* Run a sample up to your vet to check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.