Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon, my partner and myself and our 5 month old puppy were going for a nice stroll through the dog park. She was retrieving from the water and just having a blast..

She dived into the lake when we hadn't thrown a stick and she had in her mouth this floppy looking thing.. We walked up to her and she drops it out of her mouth abd starts frantically rolling in it.. We got closer to see that it was a dead snake..
We put her back on the leash, went home, bathed her and cleaned her ears and fed her. She then had a snooze.

But mate, she stinks like absolute shtt!!!!
Abd I'm a bit cocerned she might set sick from the dead snake..

And does anyone know how we can not make her smell?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
little chance of her getting sick from rolling on the snake. As for the smell, I'd get a different pet shampoo and give her a good scrub.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I might put a call in to your vet just to make sure, but I don't think she'd get sick from that. They do have "deodorizing" pet shampoos, so I would look into those. Just make sure not to use human stuff - it is not good for their skin!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Why wouldn't the skunk remedy work. Quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of dish liquid. Mix and shampoo. Leave on 10 minutes and rinse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yup - that's the potion we use to de-stank our labs after they've rolled in all manner of disgusting stuff - rotting worms, deer carcasses, horse apples, etc. We live in a very remote area and we've learned to make sure we always have the potion materials stocked in the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts