Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
My next door neighboor has a basset hound. She is so cute!!! But the dog will not shut up. I mean it seriously barks the entire time it is out side. But she is really cute!!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awww Kameron! He is a cutie.

And hounds are vocal ::) My friend breeds bassetts and when you ring their bell...Good Lord the racket lol

How about a 1/2 lab, 1/2 catahoula mix?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
95% of the time you will get a baying hound and they are very vocal. Living in an apartment it all depends on how well your neighbors like you.

Cute little guys! On the last one - I see a little bit of Lab in the ears but that is it.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Ravioli is adorable! Immensely cuddly.

The only experience I have with hounds is at the bark park and they sound pretty funny. BUT I don't have to live with it!

Kameron is cute too but looks like he is going to be big. Reminds me a bit of a boxer - the coloring around the snout..

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... I'm thinking hound is out... at least I'm on the fourth (top) floor.. in a corner apartment... so only share one wall with a neighbor...

But yeah... cute little bugger though!

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
They are both cute but I can't see the Basset in them based on those two pictures. Does the shelter know they are Basset crosses or are they just guessing that? the so called 'Lab mix' you posted is a good example of mislabeling cross breeds...

Yes, Bassets can be vocal. I think they would make a good apartment dog because they are pretty lazy. However, an adult Basset will be WAY over 25lbs. Think 50lbs+.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure how they label them...

I assume when they get in a few puppies at a time they have the mother so they just base it off what they think the mom is?

Not sure...

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WeHeartLabs said:
I think youd love a Pug too...they get very attached to their owners...love their people a lot like labs in that respect.
Mmmm well... in 26 days I'll go spend 4 days with a pug so hopefully I'll fall in love. The breed characteristics seem to be pretty spot on with the requirements I have (both personal and the ones bob has stated).

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'd say the bassett hound mixes are actually jack russell mixes.
They're all adorable! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts