Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Lowe's (giant USA home improvement store, lumber, tools, appliances, etc.) this afternoon looking for sanding drums for my new cordless Dremel to try on Puff's nails -- she HATES anything done to her nails; I have to lay down on the floor and hold Puff as if she was my wrestling opponent when the girl at PetsMart clips her nails. I was hoping sanding with the Dremel would be better.

But Puff loves going to Lowe's and as soon as we were within a block's distance, she started vocalizing -- kind of a crooning/moaning that she does when she's excited and anticipating something great.

I put a comforter in the bottom of the cart so the wire basket wouldn't hurt her paws, put her Teddy (bear) in the cart, opened the car door on the passenger side, wheeled the cart as close to the seat as I could, and told her to hop in. She leaped in, looking almost like a porpoise.

Usually when we've gone to Lowe's like this, about 2/3rds of the people grin when they see her and maybe 5% give a little grimace or frown.

Today, it seemed like 90% of the customers got big grins and many come by to pet Puff. The only downside of our trip was that her tail was so vigorously wagging it was sometimes endangering the pushing engine at the back of the cart (me).

And all of the Lowe's employees seem delighted to see her -- a few even remembered her name. Have I missed any recent news on the healthful effects of dog saliva on human faces? -- so many of the employees seemed to welcome Puff's licks -- and Puff was more than delighted to oblige.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I've heard of Puff's love of Lowe's quite a few times on JL Bob I think it's time for pictures ;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That is great Puff gets to go to Lowe's. I can just imagine how happy she must be with all the attention. :happy:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Well it was 39F and pouring out. Enough that HK and I were not going to the DP. Bob's post gave me an idea, and the response about Lowe's not allowing dogs kind of gets me to tell the story.

As far as HK is conrcerned she definitely knew the routine was broken. And yes, she did voice her objections repeatedly. So, after I read Bob's message, off to Petsmart we went. Up and down the aisles, up and down the aisles. Didn't buy anything, she didn't get to run, but we got some heeling time in and got her brain exercised. Then it is was off to Home Depot, same parking lot, for another session. Did she have fun there and get a lot of attention from customers and staff. Actually bought a couple light bulbs and when at the self checkout, three 'associates' came over to play with her, ask what her name was, etc. Guess what happened? Here comes Mr. Manager. 'Uh! Don't we have anything to do?' and the staff scatters. Then he tells me 'It is against policy for dogs to be in the store, BUT, if I don't keep the staff from their jobs, its okay with him. By the way, she is a really cute dog. What's her name?'

Yea! Hershey Kisses!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts