Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I haven't been around much, its amazing how much less I'm on the computer now that I am unemployed! Ha! Its been 2 weeks, but very busy with my parents visiting and then us going to visit them for Easter, but now things should finally settle down. I'm sending Ben to the sitters on Tues and Thurs to keep him used to going there, but he's started throwing fits when I drop him off. Poor fella.

Anyhow, the point of my post is that I have an interview on Thursday for a project management (non-technical, more project coordinator/administrator type role) to ask if there are any project managers or HR peeps out there who have some ideas on how to prep for the interview. I've got a list of questions via a google search that I am now going to go through and answer any I think are relevant. I'd appreciate any advice!

TIA.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Be yourself. Studying and prepping for an interview is Ok but...... I've interviewed many and I can tell who is prepped and who is natural. I always hired the naturals.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I was a project manager and did quite a bit of hiring for a small IT consulting company. They mostly want to know of your experience with Microsoft project, how detail oriented you are and my favorite question was always....What is more important, being on time or on budget"...it a trick question because both are equally important and vital to a project. Often being on time provides a direct relationship to the budget. Also, be prepared to answer a team question or questions. They will probably want to know how you work well with others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts