Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product review - Orowheat/Arnold's sandwich thins

http://arnold.gwbakeries.com/product.cfm/upc/7341013546

Bought a pack of these this weekend. Really like them. I like sandwiches, but I always wished I could just buy a half a loaf of bread and I wish the bread was thinner. To me, this suits the bill. Probably a little more expensive than some loaves of bread, priced at $1.78, I had a coupon for 55 cents off, but I won't be throwing out moldy bread.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We have been LIVING off these for about the past month or so. MUCH preferable from a carb standpoint to traditional bread. We're using them for everything: hamburgers, lunchmeat, chicken salad.

Try toasting them. They stand up well to the toaster.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We love them too! It's so much better than all that bread. I always end up taking the top off of the bun, but no more of that. And yes, they do toast well too.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I have been eating them for about a month or so. LOVE THEM! They are good when made into a sandwich, I love them toasted with peanut butter or fat-free strawberry cream cheese. I highly recommend them, they are definitely my new favorite.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I think I must be the only person so far that does not like them! I didn't like the taste/texture/something was off for me. I rarely eat bread, though, unless it's garlic bread. I make it on those multigrain loaves that costco sells. I like to go bunless for hamburgers, hot dogs, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I think I must be the only person so far that does not like them! I didn't like the taste/texture/something was off for me. I rarely eat bread, though, unless it's garlic bread. I make it on those multigrain loaves that costco sells. I like to go bunless for hamburgers, hot dogs, that sort of thing.
You are not alone, I don't much care for them, either. Bill loves them and they are great for him because he is diabetic and needs to limit his carb.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
100 calories per serving size = 1 bun = top and bottom.
Thanks! I just looked on the package of the Pepperidge Farms thin sliced sandwich bread I've been using for making my slice of Lebanon Bologna, sliced tomatos, & lettuce sandwich and was surprised to see it's 100 calories per serving (and the surprise is that I didn't know a serving was 3 slices!) -- I've been using two but the bread is so thin it's kind of fragile even when toasted.

BTW, after a first use, I put the rest of the PF loaf into a ZipLock freezer bag, suck all the air out before final sealing, and freeze it. While freezing makes it sometimes a little difficult to separate the slices, with patience and a sharp knife, it can be done. And freezing means it can last months between uses or new loaves.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
BTW, after a first use, I put the rest of the PF loaf into a ZipLock freezer bag, suck all the air out before final sealing, and freeze it. While freezing makes it sometimes a little difficult to separate the slices, with patience and a sharp knife, it can be done. And freezing means it can last months between uses or new loaves.
Bob did you know you can filet your had doing that? I even have the scars to prove it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts