Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you give probiotics. What do you recommend and are there any good sites that describe the benefits?

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo takes a supplement called "wei ling tang" which is an herbal mixture designed to harmonize the stomach and drain damp ("damp" in regard to TCM) it works really well for him.

But I have used a Garden of life product in the past called primal defense that worked really well. Peanut takes it during the winter. :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Karen I use Optagest from In Clover. Even my holistic vet said it's good. Both boys are on it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I love the Primal Defense product too but recently I've heard that soil based probiotics are spore formers and although they work well initially, the spores are hard to kill. In Europe they are taking a step back and not corrently using soil based probiotics on livestock.
It will be interesting what becomes of this.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
What's a spore former?

She's not on it now, maybe I just shouldn't buy it again?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, this is what I use 4 in 1 probiotics by First Choice Naturals

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
These people were at the Cluster shows today and were very nice. Needless to say I spent some money.

That is Stephanie. She is super sweet. She live up near me. I've known her for a long time. Long before I was a purchaser of products. I use to listen to her pitch to customers for a looong time. Finally I gave it a shot.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The probiotic works by forming spores in the intestines which compete for nutrition with the bad weeds, creating balanced intestinal flora. The problem is, these spores can apparently take over and create long term issues. So people will see good short term results with primal defense, but long term results are not a promising.
I have posted this question to my mentors and I'm waiting for a reply as I also like the product and would hate to go back to the drawing board.
Previously I was using the Nzymes Benebac and I'm happy with the price and quality of that product.

What's a spore former?

She's not on it now, maybe I just shouldn't buy it again?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is Stephanie. She is super sweet. She live up near me. I've known her for a long time. Long before I was a purchaser of products. I use to listen to her pitch to customers for a looong time. Finally I gave it a shot.
Yes she is! When I told her that I could get essentially unlimited venison for her she perked right up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been using Forti Flora for my lab puppy, and it seems to be working great. His once loose stools, are now consistently holding their shape! I started out giving one packet at dinner, and now I am down to 1/2 a packet at dinner! I sprinkle it on his food, and I don't even think he notices it.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts