Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was used to buying Pro Plan's Chicken and Rice biscuits as treats for Piper. I like them because they seem to be of good quality and an extension of their Chicken and Rice food line. Last week I realized that instead of just making one size they have switched a large breed (chicken) and small breed (lamb). The size of the large breed biscuits are now huge and I don't want to give that size at once as I prefer to give smaller treats throughout the day (we often even broken the smaller ones in two!). I've tried breaking the large ones in half - but they are so hard it hurts my hand!

I can't seem to find any the small breed sized biscuits - only in lamb. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Piper77 said:
...I can't seem to find any the small breed sized biscuits - only in lamb. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
Sorry, can't help you there. But how about putting the bigger ones in a zip lock bag and hitting them a few times with a hammer or rolling pin? I love making craker crumbs that way!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Wellness makes what they call wellbars.. But not in chicken. Fish, peanut butter and a friuty one.
Old Mother Hubbard Puppy Biscuits are small and chicken based. Canidae has a snap buscuit that you can snap in half.
If you head to a Pet Supplies Plus or a Petco the treat isles are usually endless and overwhelming with options ;)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Wellness makes what they call wellbars.. But not in chicken. Fish, peanut butter and a friuty one....
The fruit ones are Apple. There's something else in them, too, but I can't remember what. But, boy, did it smell good when I opened the cookie jar! The Wellbars are easy to break into small pieces, too.

Old Mother Hubbard Puppy Biscuits are small and chicken based...
That's another one I buy (the cookie jar has a mix of a few different varieties/brands). Even tho they're small, I still break them in half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts