Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still shaking my head in disbelief. This... these are my neighbors. Directly across the street from me. She told me about 3 weeks ago that she had filed for divorce. I presume, since getting a demotion at his job a year ago, his mother passing away in February and then his wife asking for a divorce, he must have lost it. He has been known for flying off the handle and making threats. She is a wonderful person. I love her to death. Their daughter has been our girls' baby sitter for about 4 years. Their son is Maddy's age. Tonight, there are a lot of cars out front. :'(

She came out and spoke to me this evening. She asked if I had seen the news. I told her no. She said she had been staring down the barrel of his gun. I do thank God she and the kids are okay.

http://www.wfaa.com/video/wfaageneral-index.html?nvid=141660

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jinx said:
Oh no, Shanna. :'(

Did I meet them?
I don't know. It's the red brick house directly in front of my house. (left of Hummer) In fact, she and I, last week, were talking about doing a house swap. She wants a smaller place and I need a larger place... and we both would like to stay here.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I met the Hummer people a couple of times. I don't think I met the people directly across from you.

How very sad. :'(

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I worry about the kids most of all. The child they have together has lost his father. And the other kids have now lost a second father. Can you imagine? It's horrible.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh, how tragic. :'(

Shanna, have you told your girls?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I told the girls. I sent their teachers an email. This is what I said.

Next, our neighbor and friends, across the street, suffered a tragic event and loss yesterday. I debated on telling the girls. I chose to tell them because I didn’t want them to, by chance, find out at school. I have instructed them to talk to their teacher or counselor if they feel the need to talk to someone. I told them that if they start talking to friends, they could start gossip around the school which could be detrimental to their friend, (child's name) (4th grade). Since I cannot be there to guide them, could you please see to it they adhere closely to keeping the best interest of our friends’ difficult times in mind. [/b]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts