Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's hard to believe that Micah will be 2 in a week or so. Can't believe it! I must admit though that I am very happy with what I am seeing in him for being an obedience dog. It's taken lots and lots of work though. What a wild child! Dana has always told me that she'd be surprised if he would be in the obedience ring before he turned 3. With what I am seeing I, as of right now, plan on bringing him out when we go to Canada in July for his Canadian CD. If that goes well then I'll shoot for the fall for his AKC CD. Just for my sanity I've all ready been training most of the Utility and Open exercises and am very, very pleased with what I see. He's doing articles, go-outs, directed jumping, signals across the room and now working on gloves. We still are working on his pick up with his dumbbell--all that movement is such a thrill! And we do still have mouthing--more than I like. But for a male Lab who is also known as my wild child, I am thrilled!

·
Registered
742 Posts
That's great Susan!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
You have the patience of Job, no doubt :)
Remington might try for a CD when he's 5, if he develops some attention between now and then. sigh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts