Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened right here in Branchburg, where I work. A clerk at the Quik Chek across the street (where I go!!!!) spotted this ******* looking suspicious. The motel is about a mile from here. I absolutely cannot believe they aired one brief story on ABC news lastnight and that's it. I would have thought it would have made national headlines. They also found a turban in the guys room.

http://www.nj1015.com/Investigators-Work-to-Unravel-Why-VA-Man-Kept-Guns/6216819

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I guess he can't use "Deer hunting" as an alibi. If I recall no need for body armour.....deer don't shoot back.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Um. Sikhs wear turbans, Muslims do not. Sounds like a whack job. Glad they arrested him before he could do anything.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
From what I heard it wasn't connected to a terrorist plot - rather one very sick individual - but yes, I'd consider it terrorism even if not connected to someone else...just a terrorist of one.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amy, I'm just saying. They made a big deal out of that fact on the ONE news story I saw about it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I heard it wasn't connected to a terrorist plot - rather one very sick individual - but yes, I'd consider it terrorism even if not connected to someone else...just a terrorist of one.
So it did make national news then?

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
yeah. GMA covered it. They also said something about they *think* he was awol - your article sounds like he's either not awol or has been awol for years...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, from 7online : Woodson joined the Navy in his 20s and deserted after just a year.

Bail is only $75,000. Unbelievable. This scares the crap out of me that he was so close to my company. We have enough chemicals here to blow Branchburg right off the map.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
It is scary; I saw it on the news too and they did make a big deal about finding the turban. I think he is just a crazy person (a crazy person with access to a lot of weapons), and everyone was very lucky that the convenience store worker reported it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw it on the news too and they did make a big deal about finding the turban.
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
It is scary; I saw it on the news too and they did make a big deal about finding the turban. I think he is just a crazy person (a crazy person with access to a lot of weapons), and everyone was very lucky that the convenience store worker reported it.
That may be, but sounds like a xenophobic report. People have been "going postal" in the US for a long, long time. Until they link him to an extremist group, how do you know he's not just a whack job who snapped?

That's not to say that it isn't scary, especially when it happens so close to home.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
It's not big news because he is not Muslim and he didn't actually shoot anyone. If he was Muslim it would be big news. Or if he opened fire it would be big news. As it stands now, he is just one of many nutjobs in this country who amassed a pile of weapons (legal or illegal).

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, but you don't have to be Muslim to be a terrorist. :shocked: I can't wait to hear what other info comes out about him.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yea, but you don't have to be Muslim to be a terrorist. :shocked: I can't wait to hear what other info comes out about him.
I agree. It just makes it more headline worthy if someone is Muslim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts