Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Everyone.
I'm a new member having two lovely labs.One is male(black)-Maxx and other one is female(choclate)-Coco. My girl is had her first heat n I think she is pregnant now.Doctor said i need to wait for 45 days to confirm whether she is or not.But it seems she is coz her belly is grown and nipples too. Please suggest me some good food as she is too young to have babies n i'm too scared that it will harm her n puppies.Please advice some good supplements and food she required.:pray:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Is your male neutered? If so, was your girl unattended in the yard while in heat? When was her heat cycle?

If male is neutered and she was never left alone than this could be a false pregnancy.

She is too young to have pups so if you truly think she is pregnant - depending on when her heat cycle was - you can spay now and terminate the pregnancy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When was her heat? If she's not far along, you can spay her and terminate the pregnancy.
Hi n thanks alot for ur acknowledgement to my issue.Well its too late i got to know about her pregnancy..i tried to keep her away and safe but somehow it happened...its her 5th week of pregnancy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just spay her. Not that big a deal to spay her at this stage.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Agreed. You should spay/abort now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You may hate the thought of "killing those poor puppies", however, your ***** is only a puppy herself and MUCH too young to be having a litter. This could do her a tremendous amount of harm, and she doesn't deserve that just because her humans didn't take the care they needed to during her heat cycle (and I don't mean that as a criticism towards you by any means - we all know how creative dogs can be when a ***** is in season!). You need to think about Coco and do the right thing for her.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Spay her now.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
It is ok to spay at this stage. We rescued a young dog and when we went to get her spayed she was already pregnant. The vets went ahead with the spay and she was perfectly o.k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts