Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tina is fifteen and a half years old. She weighs sixty-nine pounds, is a bit hard of hearing unless the refrigerator door is opened, and is a bit slow moving, but can prance with the best of them. She is also very, very stoic. Between yesterday and this morning she fell several times trying to negotiate the porch steps. Took her to the vet this morning first thing.

Vet said her hips and knees are in remarkable good condition and that the pain is due to pinched nerves in her spine due to vertebrae becoming fused together. Vet plans to start Derramax Thursday if blood work comes back OK. Vet injected her with a narcotic pain killer that has made her quite woozy.

Everybody at the Vet's love her and think she is a sweet old lady. The Vet says the pain is manageable and that other than the pinched nerves she is in remarkable good health for her age.
Thanks
LD

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh, how I wish for you and Tina many more years together! When they get old and fragile, they become so much more precious. Enjoy your time with her and keep her warm, happy and loved. I lost my Bessie this summer - she had just turned 15 - and my heart still aches when I think of that stubborn, selectively deaf, stoic and arthritic grande dame. We had her on Derramax and she responded well, despite how serious her arthritis was. She had problems hoisting herself up, unless she was outside and caught the scent of something rotting and putrid - then she was off like a locomotive. Your sweet Tina is in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Healing wishes and blessings for Tina. We can only hope someone loves "us" as much as we do our dogs when we get to that point in our lives. Thank goodness they have meds that can help manage her pain.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Tina. Seniors are the best!
I'm glad she got a pretty darn good report for a gal her age from the vet though, congrats on that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.