Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird.

I'm back to working my core, having taken the fall/winter off.

Read this weird recommendation online and wondered about its truthiness.

When dealing w/bellyfat, break it up from time to time. Pound the flesh periodically during the day, looking to unseat fat cells from their entrenchment around your middle. Massage the area deeply to promote toning.

Thoughts?

Would it work?

I always figured that fat had to be addressed two traditional ways: Reduce cal intake/increase cal burn. And exercise the muscle underneath.

Strong musculature underneath (SMU) + reduction in overall bodyfat to uncover SMU = beachworthiness.

So?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I wonder if that was the purpose to those old machines that wrapped the belt around your middle and shook the sh__t out of you!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hee.

I thought the point of those was to make you sound like an idiot when talking on the phone while using one:

"A-a-a-nd so I t-t-t-told Ed-d-d-dna that if sh-sh-sh-e were g-g-g-oing to c-c-c-continue to ch-ch-cheat at c-c-c-c-canasta, sh-sh-sh-e c-c-could j-j-j-ust as well f-f-f-find herself-f-f-f-f another p-p-p-p-p-p-partner!"

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Really? Massaging the fat? BLECK!!! I don't know if I could "stomach" it. Bwahahhaaa... sorry i just cracked myself up.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bahahahahah!!!

Okay, I'll need to post the vid of me walking Wesley in the A.Ms and repeatedly punching myself in the stomach.

Thank God I've lost a lot of the fat in my face, or I'd look like a victim of spousal abuse!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Bahahahahah!!!

Okay, I'll need to post the vid of me walking Wesley in the A.Ms and repeatedly punching myself in the stomach.

Thank God I've lost a lot of the fat in my face, or I'd look like a victim of spousal abuse!

You should youtube it!!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hmmm, I wish that would work!

Sounds like a good way to get bruises, and navy *is* a slimming color...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts