Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Leno.......

He said he had been working on his bowling game just below his new residence and recently rolled a 129.

“That’s very good, Mr. President,” cracked host Jay Leno.

"It's like — it was like Special Olympics, or something," the president replied.

Of course he apologized the next day..........

He and his staff quickly recognized the mistake and moved to limit the damage.

While Obama called Shriver, White House Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton told reporters flying back to Washington with Obama on Air Force One that the president had “made an offhand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics.”

“He thinks that the Special Olympics are a wonderful program that gives an opportunity to shine to people with disabilities from around the world,” Burton said.

The whole thing cracked me up............

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I think, maybe, that he's been hanging around Joe too much.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i cracked up. i don't think he meant any disrespect. it was self depricating humor. he may have spoke poorly, but i'm surprised it called for an official white house statement. (i have on occasion said i ride the short bus, but the white house doesn't seem to care.)

now that i think more on it, though, i believe it was a cleverly hatched plot to deflect attention from the AIG bonuses. hmmm...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What is POTUS?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh. :eek:
Those **** acronyms.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I bet the second it was out of his mouth he was kicking himself in the ass (and I bet his team at the White House was screaming - NOOOOOO!!!).

Not that I have ever done that myself...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Oh this is why I could never be president, I love sarcasm and quick wit. Even at the expense of Special Olympians.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts