Just Labradors banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Just wanted to add- I did not do pull ups when we went out. Instead, I bought thick training pants and the rubber covers that went over them. We used those when we went out. I did that with both kids.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Jo, its ok. If he pees 20 times today, so what, tomorrow he may do better. He probably stopped himself, that would explain 4 times. Its all muscle control. He'll get it. Just keep talking to him, alll day if you have to. "Ben where do big boys go pee"? "Are your pants dry" have him check. The more he is envolved the more he learns. Tell DH to take a chill pill, relax have fun with it.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
He will get it, Jo. He will. It's only a few days in. It's an entirely new thing for him to understand. How his body works, what to do, when to acknowledge the signals, how to read the signals. He'll get there. =)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
DH is taking him to Home Depot for an errand... so we slapped on a diaper. We'll keep it up, although I don't think this boot camp thing is for me. He's now peed on the floor SIX times, with his underwear on. We'll keep at it though!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
He's now peed on the floor SIX times, with his underwear on. We'll keep at it though!
That is why we used Pull-Ups ;). We used the ones that had the wet-sensation, so they felt it . . . but our floors/furniture didn't. :p

Keep at it, he will get it! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
If he just turned two he might not be quite ready. I tried to train my darling boy at that age and it was a bust, but at 2 and a half I my foot down (DS looked me in the eye and told me, mamma, it is just easier to use the pull up) and he got it in a week. I broke down and bribed him with candy. His love was M&M's, so he got 1` M&M for #1, 2 for #2 and 3 if he did it all at once. Patience and perseverance is what it takes, good luck!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's true he may not be ready, especially for a boot camp session. He has been just sitting on the potty for months now, he's peed in it only once before though. We just haven't been actively stripping him down to sit on it at all (until today). He also hates diaper changes and as soon as he poops will look at us and say NO POOP, as he doesn't want us to change him, lol.

I'm gonna keep sitting him on it regularly, and once he goes a few times and it clicks for him, I may try the boot camp session again.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Good idea, Jo. Just make it an unimportant part of everyday, and when he starts showing intrest, it might be a good time for the intensive 1 week bootcamp. =)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
you obviously didn't watch the dr. phil episode last week that showed you how to do it in ONE DAY.. i think there was a doll involved, but i didn't watch it so i'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
you obviously didn't watch the dr. phil episode last week that showed you how to do it in ONE DAY.. i think there was a doll involved, but i didn't watch it so i'm not sure.
yeah,i didn't see that episode but it follows the book that i linked to in an earlier post. the method is truly amazing!! I didn't follow it to a T, but it still worked for us.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yeah, another friend of mine sent me the link to the episode too. I will definitely watch it. I do want to do a boot camp type of session and be done with it, but he's gotta be ready too.

Or you could watch it, come down here and do it for me. ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I assume you've already done the "See, Daddy does it this way, don't you want to be a big boy like Daddy?" route? That's how our boys got it. Almost immediately - they always wanted to be like Daddy.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts