Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the winter, the postman drives around in a small van-type truck. When it is nice out, he uses his jeep with no door on his side, which is the passenger side.
My dogs have always loved the mailman because he gives them milk bones and fusses over them.
Today, he pulls up at our neighbor's and Ruby takes off and jumps right into his vehicle. Even worse, she wouldnt get out!
So, he did the rest of his route with a partner today...she loved it and the extra milk bones she got when he brought her home an hour later.
Unfortunately, her little "trip" positively reinforced her very bad behavior of jumping into a strange car without permission and refusing to get out. :yell: Oh well, we'll work on that lol
Ruby is truly the friendliest, most enthusiastic dog I've ever had....never met a stranger and loves everyone.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
In the winter, the postman drives around in a small van-type truck. When it is nice out, he uses his jeep with no door on his side, which is the passenger side.
My dogs have always loved the mailman because he gives them milk bones and fusses over them.
Today, he pulls up at our neighbor's and Ruby takes off and jumps right into his vehicle. Even worse, she wouldnt get out!
So, he did the rest of his route with a partner today...she loved it and the extra milk bones she got when he brought her home an hour later.
Unfortunately, her little "trip" positively reinforced her very bad behavior of jumping into a strange car without permission and refusing to get out. :yell: Oh well, we'll work on that lol
Ruby is truly the friendliest, most enthusiastic dog I've ever had....never met a stranger and loves everyone.
Susan, I can easily say I understand what you are saying. Lexi has never actually gotten in our mail carriers truck, but that is not for a lack of trying.

Lexi adores our mail carrier for the same reasons, treats & lovins she gets from him. He even has the guys that fill-in for him trained to at least talk to her when they deliver. Same goes for the guy who delivers my parents mail, he stops to pet her if she is outside.

Miss Ruby, please don't teach Lexi that little trick when she spends a few days with you in July.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.