Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on. Y'all can do it. You can manually focus some shots. Post your shots here.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good. I like this picture. Have you tried going into Highlights/Shadows/Contrast and cutting back on the highlights in the front of the pond? It's a little to bright in that area.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Thank you. No, I haven't tried that, but will. I converted this from color and then did contrast and brightness adjustments. It wasn't that hard to manually focus, at least for something like this. Now I don't think I could do it fast enough when trying to get pictures of the dogs.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the 1st and last ones the best. The middle ones look a little soft to me. You didn't say what your settings are, but I would increase either your SS or AV one stop. I would like to see more contrast in your wife's face.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim, this is much better. I love the color version. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Here are my first two productive attempts, taken on a tripod. The lighting wasn't perfect, but I used manual settings and got it to balance out. The focus thing was tough because it was a little windy at first.

Canon Rebel Xti, Manual Mode, SS 1/400, Aperture F/5.6, ISO 400, Focal Length 44 mm

Canon Rebel Xti, Manual Mode, SS 1/125, Aperture F/8.0, ISO 400, Focal Length 55 mm

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Emyly - These are very nice. Watch centering your subjects. I think #1 could use about half the dead space to the left removed or you should shot it vertically. On #2 it's not so obvious that the flower is centered because the stem and plant are on the left side giving it a weighted feel. I still might take a little off the right and top of this picture.

The 1st shot looks a little out of focus. If the wind was blowning, it's probably camera shake. Remember the flower is the subject and the stamen should be in sharp focus. The focus on #2 is great.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I just like this picture. I still can't believe I can take pictures in the house in manual mode.

SS - 1/100
f/1.8
ISO - 100
Focal length - 50mm

"Abby"

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done. Is this manual mode or manual focus?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Opps!! It was manual mode Monnie. I think it was still on auto focus. I will try again with the manual focus. Sorry.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's ok. I just want to be sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts