Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it exist?

Since my surgery, I have been at rock bottom. Going from water off a ducks back attitude to being compeletly unnerved by everything - and I never cry, until now..

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (that they care to share) after srugery?

Please feel free to PM.

Thanks
~Nikki

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Several things could play a part, what kind of surgery? Are you taking any new medication? How long ago was the surgery? Do you work outside of the home and how has your home life or work life been affected by the surgery? Are you able to be as active as you were prior? I would answer the questions and then see my physician if this is an on going, long term thing. If surgery was recent, it could be as simple letting your body adjust and getting back to your " normal" life. Hope your feeling better real soon. Di

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
How long ago was the surgery? I was told with all of mine, no matter what kind, not to make any major decisions for 2-3 weeks due to anesthesia. So yes I think you can have post-surgical depression.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I learned not to let them give me darvocet (sp) as a pain med after surgery. Lets just say it don't do well with me, makes me want to rip peoples heads off if they annoy me in even the slightest way, like even being in the same room.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago - my ovary blew up (simply put). It was like having a hyster all over again. I did post about it but I cannot find it now. Anyway, I have been stuck at home, supposedly convalesing but more accurately getting more irritated by the day. I am supposed to be off for another 2 1/2 weeks. Ughhhh :ugly:

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I had two cervical discs in my neck fused on January the 7th. I have been on again, off again depressed ever since. I just don't care about anything anymore. My "give a ****" is busted. I sure hope it goes away soon. So, yes. You can be depressed after surgery.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Maybe its due to a change in hormone levels ... I would talk to my doctor for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts