Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that I have all my picture issues sorted out (Trouble hosting, so now I just use photobucket. Camera wouldn't upload to computer, so I just got a card reader.), I may end up burying you in pictures.

Years and years ago, I was pretty heavy into online gaming. Specifically, a game called MechWarrior 4. Which is based on a tabletop game called BattleTech. The games are described as "31st Century Armored Combat". A friend of mine introduced me to an online gaming group called AlphA Strike. There I met a very interesting lady, whose call sign was Fury. She later sponsored me into AS, and later into another group called Team Banzai. Anyway, long story short, she is a very talented artist. By the way, for anyone interested, here's her website: The Art of April Dwiggins.

Fast forward several years. I asked her to do a portrait of Deacon. I took a bunch of pics of him and sent them to her. This is the painting I got. One of my most prized possessions.

Nice, isn't it? And, just for fun, here's a pic of a sign my cousin found somewhere and got for me.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
That is a lovely portrait to honour your boy. I have the same "wanted" poster, but mine has all three Labs (yellow, choc & black) on it - I couldn't find the one like yours with just the black. Now that your pics are all sorted out, we'd love to see some of your faves :)

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
The portrait is beautiful! Love the sign.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, like I said, that portrait is one of my most prized possessions. It's a watercolor, on archival grade paper. And, since she worked in a framing shop at the time, she also matted and framed it for me. I just love that painting, and it hangs in a place of honor in my living room. Down the line, I may have her do another one of Diesel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts