Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several weeks now I have been having major allergy problems that I haven't had sice I was a kid. I am not sure what the deal is, but this year has been almost impossible...gggrrrr I haven't been able to take them out like I usually do and let them romp in the fields at the College. But I gotta say they have been troopers and I've been working on training with them a little more so at least they are getting some good mental stimulation.

I am going to see an allergist tomorrow so hopefully I can be back to doing those outdoorsy things I really enjoy...taking the boys on a hike, riding mu bike, working in the yard!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. There's been a lot of pollen this year!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Hope the allergies are under control quickly, Guy, so you all can start living large outdoors again!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Knowing how much you love being out there with the boys, this must be really depressing! Hope the docs can get you cleared up and off to the races SOON!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Guy, I hope the doc can help you out today!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, they gave me some oral antihisamine, Flonase and I will start allergy shots in about a week or so.

There were two real culprits...mold spores and a type of grass here that we didn't have in Memphis (can't remember the name). Funniest part was I showed a slight allergy to cats and dogs! lol. But given the symptoms didn't occur until April when things started to get full bloom, Dr said she thought the pet dander didn't cause this, but probably didn't help much either. She said so I don't think you need to re-home your pets..lol. AS IF!

So to celebrate, I left a little eariler than normal and took the boys out to the college. Didn't stay too long because it was starting to warm up. But they had sooo much fun. And so did I!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts