Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor old guy. He was doing so well after having 4 seizures in his first 3 days here. He had not had one in almost two weeks, that is until 8pm last night.

If there is any good news it was a mild one by Hank standards. No convulsions or loss of bowels. He was just down and out of it for about 3 minutes. Then when he came around he was very disoriented for about 20 more. He typically does not know where he is and does not want to be near people after a seizure. You know he is ok when he finally comes to you and wants to be petted.

I am still not sure it is not food related. He had this one about 20 minutes after his evening meal. Yhe vet has him on Hills perscription K/D to keep the protein low. Guess it is back to the vets Monday for a check of his bloodwork.

Today he is as happy as a clam.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I hope he is better soon Joe.

Joe Maringo said:
Then when he came around he was very disoriented for about 20 more. He typically does not know where he is and does not want to be near people after a seizure. You know he is ok when he finally comes to you and wants to be petted.
Humans do this so I guess dogs can too. I get an awful headache.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Sorry Joe,
He is lucky to have you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cinder4evr said:
Is there any chance they are coming close to when he is being given heart worm, flea,tick preventatives? There is no hard evidence those meds can cause seizures, but there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence
I just pulled him from the pound near Baltimore two weeks ago. As far as I know he has not had heartworm or flea meds at the pound, and I know he has not had any here.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Darnit I was hoping it was over after talking to you the other day. Good thoughts to Hank.

PS..Connor thanks you very much..he's so happy to have her toys, they are now stored in his room. :-* AND..Lexie and Cuj are now fine...even took a nap together this AM.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awww poor guy...that would break my heart to see, Joe.
Can you bring him out to the Lab Fest?

I know Gunny is coming, right? and connor I hope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts