Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to let him swim this evening and at one point he was running along the edge of the pool and kind of fell in from the side in an awkward way. I immediately thought he had hurt himself but he appeared fine.

When I rinsed him off with the hose he got all jazzed up and did a bit of zooming and all the sudden stopped dead with his back leg up. He is still holding it up. I gave him an aspirin and just heard him go and lay down in his crate. He never goes to bed this early and never puts himself to bed :(

What a sucky way to end a perfect day.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
That is scary. Tank did that many times down in Houston. I cringed every time it happened. I sure hope he is ok.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Hope Guthrie feels better tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is favoring it this morning...holding it up when he first got up and not putting full weight down when standing but once I had him on a leash he seems to be walking pretty good. Very short walk this morning and no playing.
What makes me feel a little better is that Guthrie is a real softie (unlike Huckle who had tremendous pain tolerance). This morning when he was out for potty he was sniffing the ground and a little stick poked him in the nose...you would have thought he was electrocuted. He sprung into the air like a jumping bean! But it is still hard not to fear the worst when they are hurt.

Sam, how is your sweetie pie doing?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no, poor baby. So glad to hear he's doing better this morning!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just checking in to see how Guthrie is this morning. I'm glad he seemed better once you got him walking a bit. Hopefully he just pulled a muscle and will be back to normal quickly. Poor baby. You just hate to see them in any pain.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
In a way, I think it's better to have a 'soft' dog like Guthrie, because you always know when they are hurt. When you have the more stoic ones, you may not know until it's too late that there's a problem. :(

I hope Guthrie is doing much better now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts