Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so bad she's got another cold probably her 4th maybe 5th and along with it another ear infection. I wish there was something else I could do she doens't go to daycare a friend watches her and her kids have not been sick. I took her to the doctor this morning because I could tell she had another ear infection. She doesn't want to nurse, only took maybe 2oz from the two bottles at the sitters yesterday (normally she takes 6oz ea. time) and she is just generally not happy and clingy which she only does when she's got an ear infection. She wants to be held all the time which is totally not like her she normally prefers to be down playing. The doctor agreed so we've got antibiotics I hope they kick in quickly I hate that she's been sick so much, and I worry she's not getting enough to eat since she won't drink anything.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Awww....poor Aubrey. It's no fun when they're sick! Lanna is sick as well...with a cold that I gave her. :( So I know exactly how she is feeling. Don't worry about the eating thing...just do what you can do and offer her food often. Poor thing.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwwww, I'm sorry Barb. Poor baby girl. I hope the antibiotics work and she's feeling better soon. :(

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Poor baby. :( It is hard when they are sick.

As long as she is going through several diapers a day- she'll be ok not eating as much right now. Hopefully she'll feel better quickly now that she is on medicine.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd say she's still going through plenty of diapers I changed 4wet and 1dirty this morning so she's good there ;) Normally the antibiotics help after day or two this is a different one though so hopefully it will be just as quick.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They haven't mentioned putting tubes in yet. I'm hoping she'll grow out of it. She seems to be doing a little better this morning she nursed a little last night and really well this morning. Hopefully she'll take her bottles at the sitters today too.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Ear infections, my one (of two) areas of expertise.

First things first, limit antibiotics. They (contrary to popular belief) do not help for an otitis media, its not white cells fighting in the ear drum, so oral antibiotics won't help.

A lot of parents hmmmm and hawwww about tubes, but honestly, its such a simple and virtually risk-less procedure I'd love to see more parents agree to them. If the ear drum ruptures on its own, that is a very lengthy recoup. I had chronic ear infections as a child (my parents were smokers, if you or someone you know smokes near her, this could be the problem), and they hurt, and can permanently affect a child's hearing.

Tylenol, a hot water bottle, and white noise (the vibration of the ear drum relieves some of the pressure) are the best ways to go to treat an ear infection, if its recurrent, I'd put tubes in without question.

Hope Aubrey feels better soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.