Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age (about) does the amount of times a puppy poop start to change? Shelby is about 17.5 weeks old and we've been pretty used to her schedule-when she wakes (5-5:30am), again after she eats, lunchtime (doesn't eat at lunchtime, just gets let out), after dinner and then about 3 hours after that. I get that she's a baby and will go often, but it seems that she may be dropping the morning right after she eats and the the after dinner poop. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want to have to maintain my paranoia of wondering if she needs to go, if she's going to start not having to go so often now. I did the same thing when my daughter was a baby-worried that she should be going and she just didn't have to. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
It's going to depend on a lot of things. The food you feed, the amount, how much exercise, etc.

Rider get's fed EVO and at almost 4, he still goes about 3 times a day. Morning, at lunch and at night. Sometimes there is a 4th time if we go to the pond...the water makes him poo.

Rookie is almost 12 weeks and is fed Eukanuba LB puppy. He poos twice in the morning (once when he first gets up and then an hour later after he has eaten), at lunch (and he doesn't eat lunch either), at dinner time, and usually once or twice more. So, about 5 or 6 times a day.

This may sound like a dumb question, but why are you so worried about the number of times that she goes?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL-I know it does sound dumb, right? We both work, and Shelby is put in her crate until lunchtime when one of us goes home to let her out. I feel bad putting her in the crate when we leave in the morning if she doesn't poop the second time in the morning-as she has been doing-because then I'm wondering if she's going to be uncomfortable all morning b/c she has to go but didn't. But if this is the time when she might start not having to go as much, then I don't have to worry about her. Apparantly, I have too much sh** on my mind...heehee :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts