Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dogs are so different aren't they. When I had my beagle mutt Sally she was very particular about where she left her...ahem...gifts in the yard. She would go way in the back, sniff and sniff and sniff, would finallyl find the right spot and then do what I called the circle dance where she went around and around about 2 or 3 times and then squat. Parker on the other hand goes out the door, runs way out in the back yard at stop speed, and then eeeeeeeeeeek squats and goes.

Oh and the other business. Parker squats to take a pee, then Linus has to mosey over sniff and pee in the exact same spot.

How about your pooches?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
My three are differnt poopers. Molly walks to a place & goes. Abby sniffs for awhile before decideing to go & may do a little walk. Kate is a walker. She is always in such a rush she just poops & walks. :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a walking pooper she sniffs for a bit then does a circle walk then when she decides to go she doesn't even stop she makes a trail behind her.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Buddy tells us when he has to go, and then he gets out there and does his thing. He squats so low, though, that he has to raise his butt up to let it all out. :noidea:

Champ, on the other hand, takes forever. He walks around, sniffs, walks some more, sniffs some more, walks, sniffs, and finally will pick a spot and go.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Henry is so overjoyed to have a poop-incoming (outgoing?) that he butt-tucks all over the yard, then circles 3 times before pooping. He has to find the perfect spot though, and if a particular spot is deemed not just right, even if he's midcircle, he'll butt-tuck to another spot, and repeat his circling ritual.

Ollie is like Parker. He runs full speed, and then slams on the brakes, tucks his bum under and poops and walks.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Ernie is a poop walker. Sniffs...sniffs...walk poop. Then he back hoes great chunks of grass or mud,often not aywhere near the poop. Then from time to time he eats it.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal will find the right spot to poop pretty quickly, Barney, on the other hand, takes great care is deciding just the right spot. I guess you just cannot rush these things! lol.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Eddie is a squat and poop, no investigation. Fanny is an investigator and then has to poop and walk. Both take me by surprise. Both ignore the pick up - Who me?

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Abbey sometimes takes a while to find a spot, then does the "poop dance" and backs up, circles, backs up and then does her deed in one spot. Kolby doesn't really care as much, but if he has a chance to poop in a bush, on a tree/plant, he will. And he's a poop-walker, too. ;)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Skippy is a run out, find a quick spot and let's it rip. Emilu on the other hand, has to have a 10 minute walk (at least), then when I see her start to walk slowly but deliberalty into the woods away from us I know that she is going to find a place to poop. She finds a spot, then turns in circles, sometimes moves a few feet over and turns some more circles, then, usually turns her back to us and poops. After she is done she does several very strong kicks with her back feet to throw leaves up over it. As for peeing, Skippy and Emilu both "mark" their territory outside, but Skippy always has to wait for Emilu to pee, then he runs back and pees over it.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Bruno is a double pooper. After the first, he does the back-foot bury- it on that one, walks a few yards and does another one. Judy's poop style is normal, but she often doesn't start until I call them back in and I have to wait for her. Mitzi always seeks out a private place behind a bush, but her butt is sticking out. Makes it easier for me to pick it up. But Mitz takes forever to sniff out just the right place, sniff sniff more, then sniff again. If she were human, her bathroom would have a stack of magazines. The cutest thing about Mitzi's style is Judy. She has to watch it come out. Ever since Judy was a puppy, her nose was right there by Mitzi's butt watching it come out. She doesn't touch it, just sniffs. Judy is known as Mitzi's spotter.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer is very particular. He sniffs, and sniffs, and sniffs along the perimiter of the yard, circles, squats, changes his mind, sniffs, sniffs, circles, squats, changes mind, sniffs, sniffs, etc. Sometimes this process takes so long that he is running from spot to spot at the end. When he can't hold it anymore he circles, squats, and scoots backward until his butt is in the high grass. He is a dork!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Puff is a poop walker -- that is, she leaves a string of turds like Morse Code (dots and dashes). She's no longer as bad as she used to be; when she was younger the string would sometimes stretch over 3 ft/1 m. Now, it's down to about 10"/25 cm, sometimes much less!! Her poops at 2 PM and 10 PM usually only occur after much walking. Her poops at 6:30 AM are pretty soon after we get out of the car.

Puff's poops are usually quite small. I pick them up in a Glad (or = brand) thin film sandwich bag and they mold to the volume about the size of a golf ball.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts