• Lace Parasol is better

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Paper Parasol is better

Votes: 21 55.3%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
What does your dress look like? I went bridal gown shopping last week and I didn't see any parasols.:confused: I think I'm being left in the dark over here! Is that an Australian tradition?

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does your dress look like? I went bridal gown shopping last week and I didn't see any parasols.:confused: I think I'm being left in the dark over here! Is that an Australian tradition?
there is a thread in o&e already with the bridesmaid dresses. the parasols are for them

not a tradition here in Australia but it's very popular. You wont find parasol's in bridal gown stores either. I found some on ebay and wedding speciality shops that sell wedding bits and pieces.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's a picture of the paper parasols with bmaid dresses similar length to my ones.

do you think they look more modern than the lace or just icky?

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
okay, now that you have a picture of the paper ones....hmmm
either for me. But if you go w/lace, a very simple one, so as not to distract?

but what do I know? LOL

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What if it rains? The paper parasols will be ruined and useless. I say go with the plainer lace.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What if it rains? The paper parasols will be ruined and useless. I say go with the plainer lace.
I think if it rains both styles would be ruined in the rain to be honest. But it's a great point.

Also... price is a consideration (i'll spend whatever needed to purchase the right kind of parasol but don't want to waste money if I can help it) Paper parasols are less than half the price of lace. $19.95 for a paper parasol but $49.95 for lace.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Ok... I honestly hadn't looked at your other wedding thread (those things always make me conflicted about my own wants so I try not to start those conversations in my head) so anyways... I did...

and I still say paper cause I think they'd go best with the bridesmaid outfits... although if you have a whole "older" theme (car) then maybe lace... but not too frilly... imo... simple lace.

Paper is still my final answer though lol.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and I still say paper cause I think they'd go best with the bridesmaid outfits... although if you have a whole "older" theme (car) then maybe lace... but not too frilly... imo... simple lace.

Paper is still my final answer though lol.
Yeah I am kind of conflicting things a bit with my older cars/modern dresses thing aren't I. I'm not being very consistent am I? LOL

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I like the style of the paper ones for the gowns your bridal party will be wearing. I've seen nylon parasols in that style for less than $20/ea, but I don't know if they are available in your area. I also have only seen pics so I'm not sure what they look like in person.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I originally said lace, but thinking back on your dress and the bridesmaids dresses, I think I'm changing my vote. If you do do lace, very plain lace.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like paper! Thanks for the link... I am totally missing out over here! Maybe I'll have to start a trend!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like paper! Thanks for the link... I am totally missing out over here! Maybe I'll have to start a trend!
I think that is an awesome idea! Check out ebay too!!

And with the current Aussie dollar being only worth $.64c US you could get them at a bargain ;)

I'd happily have you ship them to my house if they dont ship overseas and I can package them and send them to you too! Just PM me if you need help!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts