Just Labradors banner

Are you happy with Obama's performance so far?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think of Obama so far?

If you believe this pole, an outsider gets the impression that the majority of Americans are happy with Obama thus far although it's not a big majority - 48% vs 44% who don't think so.

AP Poll: Americans high on Obama, direction of US

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090423...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDYXBwb2xsYW1lcmlj

WASHINGTON – For the first time in years, more Americans than not say the country is headed in the right direction, a sign that Barack Obama has used the first 100 days of his presidency to lift the public's mood and inspire hopes for a brighter future.
Intensely worried about their personal finances and medical expenses, Americans nonetheless appear realistic about the time Obama might need to turn things around, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll. It shows most Americans consider their new president to be a strong, ethical and empathetic leader who is working to change Washington.
More than 90 percent of Americans consider the economy an important issue, the highest ever in AP polling. _Nearly 80 percent believe that the rising federal debt will hurt future generations, and Obama is getting mixed reviews at best for his handling of the issue.
And yet, the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track.
So what's the official JL verdict? :confused:

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I think that JL tends to be more conservative than a sampling of the general population. This has been discussed before here. What you'll get is a sampling of Labrador owners, not a sampling of the general population.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I think that JL tends to be more conservative than a sampling of the general population. .
Depends on where you live, I find it more Liberal than the area I live in. But more Conservative than some areas.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I edit this pole to make it private :confused: ATM you can see who voted for who. Didn't mean it to be that way. Sorry 'bout that. :eek:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
You know my answer, so I won't bother with your silly Pole!! Shouldn't that be Poll, or is that pull- like wool over your eyes!!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I was leaning neither way until he changes his stance on the Bush Admin "torture". If a rank and file line soldier takes orders from his commander all the way up to orders from POTUS and his staff - none of them should be punished. It was law then. Change the law if you will, but don't make penalties retroactive.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Not sure what photo you're talking about...

THIS??

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
He is doing okay, but I am not thrilled with him thus far. :rolleyes:

He's made some decisions I am not happy about & I think he is tossing way too much money around in bailout packages & spending. Money that will inevitably come out of the US people's pockets sooner or later.

Would also like to know what the hell took him nearly 3 months to finally meet with his cabinet??? :eek: Then he tells them he was them to make cuts that will shave $100 million off the spending. When you are talking trillions of dollars in spending, $100 million is equivalent to pissing in the Grand Canyon!!! :confused:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Not sure - I think the "bail-out" money doen'st have enough thought and regulation behind it (or all concerned), I think he "changes his mind" too much - says or does something and then someones says "Uh - did ya think about this?" and then he retracts or adds the next day. I also think that he is trying to do too much at once. I mostly agreed with what types of things he wanted to accomplish while he was running for president, but I think that he is trying to push them through now, as part of the economic stimulus, and it just won't work that way.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I see man-boobs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts