Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when your washing comes off the line?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I either dry and fold, or hang up wet to dry in the closet. We don't have a clothesline. And I definitely don't own an iron, lol.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
i noticed most people in australia owned a line.. dryers were rare .. weird.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes - the weather is pretty decent enough all year round to not need a dryer. We dont have one here.. sometimes it would be good (like the last week with all the rain) but we have an inside fold out line we use in bad weather. We still fold and pack it all away and iron when we need to wear something though :)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I do iron my dress shirts, even starch the collars on the stand-up collar ones.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
We dry most in the dryer - I don't have an outdoor line. I do hang some things up in the laundry room. Each member of the family does his own laundry here - so if it needs ironing it is usually because you left it in the dryer too long.

I remember my mom standing in front of an iron all day sprinkling and ironing mountains of laundry. I'd rather be shot.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
iron? if it can't go in the dryer and come out ready to wear then i don't own it.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm.. you guys are making me want a dryer LOL. They aren't very economical though are they??

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
wow - you're pretty fancy Glenn!
Well I do clean up pretty good:

Need some new pictures, that one is a few years old, I'm a bit greyer now.:D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is that a wedding photo of some kind? You look smashing!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I do iron my dress shirts, even starch the collars on the stand-up collar ones.
Doesn't starch make you fat? :rolleyes:

hmm.. you guys are making me want a dryer LOL. They aren't very economical though are they??
Depends how you use it. If you get a long extension lead & plug it into your neighbours power when they're not home, they're very economical. :D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Depends how you use it. If you get a long extension lead & plug it into your neighbours power when they're not home, they're very economical. :D
ooh now there's an idea..

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My washer is high efficiency, so clothes aren't very wet, even straight out of the washer. I can heat dry on the low setting and even blankets rarely run for more than 30 min. I can't imagine having to hang up sheets or blankets out to dry!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
is that a wedding photo of some kind? You look smashing!
Had a graduation to go to that night so Rita talked me into going to a studio and getting some pictures shot.

Have other shirts and vests for that coat.

Got a funeral to go to on Wendsday so I might get my brother to take some of me since I'm going with him.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would love to see those pics Glenn.

Allie - i couldn't imagine NOT hanging out the washing! :D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I have a fold out rack you can hang things on hanger from...but everything goes in the dryer pretty much. I have a gas dryer...got a new one last week and one of those new fangled front loader washers. As gas is cheaper then electricity here in AZ and I have the gas line in my laundry room I switched to gas dryers when I bought the dryer before this. In fact because I use gas I got a steal of a deal...$1500 Maytag dryer on clearance for $199 because it was blue and is gas.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
They are economical.
Most people here in N.Z. have a dryer and I thought most in Aus do to. They are great for Winter.
In summer I like to hang it on the line as I love the smell of clothes dried outside. Also sun is a natural germ killer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts