Just Labradors banner

How often does your dog lick the water off your legs after you get out of the shower?

• Yup, almost all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most of the time.

• Occasionally.

• Never (Ewww, that's gross!)

• Dog isn't allowed in bathroom when I shower.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Bella was licking off my legs this morning I was wondering, "Am I weird?". Well, the only way to determine that is to find out from the JL crowd just how far out of the ordinary this is...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I am his personal water bowl. He waits for me every morning while I am taking a shower. Sometimes he will sneak his head in and get a early start.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
OMG haha, no the dog doesn't but all 6 ferrets will fight tooth and nail to get to my dripping wet legs when I get out of the shower. AND one of the cats (Genghis) cries outside the bathroom door until your come out and wrap him up in a wet/used towel! little weirdo. He'll "suckle" on the towel and purr and purr. Apollo is the only one that acts normal when I get out of the shower hehe.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Rider does it every morning.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Brigetta jumps in the shower and starts licking the water off of me! She also tries to lick shower gel, shaving cream, and body lotion of off me.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
cinder will do the licking but abbey hates getting wet and that means if it's dripping off another person, she wants no part of it. cinder follows me everywhere and that means on every potty break. i get no privacy but i'm use to it now. she'll sit outside the door and whine if she isn't let in. what a brat she is. :D

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Yes and licks the soap or shampoo if he can get to it.

Kassa used to get in with us. I would often hear guests screaming the dog was in the shower or bath with them. ;D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow, I thought Madison was just strange, lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one that has a licker. She used to walk through the shower when I was in there.... walk in one door, lick the water, lick my legs... then walk out the other door. She want's nothing to do with the inside of the shower now however, she now waits outside the shower doors. She was outside a while back, got VERY muddy somehow managed to get UNDER the chainlink fence into the neighbors yard to play with their dogs)... and hubby brought her in and stuck her in the shower with him. Oh, not happy with that choice ;) He had to use the handheld shower on her and wash her.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Peanut never does. however Morgan always licks my bare legs, whether or not they're wet. Carolann says it's grooming behavior specific to Eskies. They have to keep each others fur free of ice. Seamus will lick my legs if I have used the Doctor Bronners Peppermint soap. He's crazy about mint. One evening he walked up to me with a big smile, something was out of place and it took me a moment, HEY WAIT A MINUTE, WHY DOES THIS DOG HAVE MINTY FRESH BREATH? I wnt out into the living room and found a tube of toothpaste mangled on the floor. Fortunately it was a Toms Natural with nothing dangerous in it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts